Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter in QUITO!

I arrived back in Cusco yesterday after visiting some friends in Quito, Ecuador for the weekend. It was amaaaazing and so much fun. Quito is beautiful and much much bigger than Cusco. It´s more modernized and there are Kentucky Fried Chickens on almost every corner. We visited a little town in the middle of the mountains a couple hours away, hiked to a waterfall and rode a zip line. It was a great weekend and really great to see my friends again! Now I´m back in Cusco and working at the daycare :) The weather here is improving every day so today we took some of the kids to the park to play....I didn't know we were going to the park and was not prepared, so I am now fairly sunburnt. There were three volunteers and one teacher, and we each had to walk holding onto five kids which was quite difficult because the street was really busy and the kids were trying to run all over the place. But we made it in one piece with all the kids! They had a lot of fun... Tomorrow we´re taking the younger kids....I´m really not sure how that´s going to go because they are much crazier than the five year olds! You will also be happy to know that the daycare has a new puzzle policy after my friend and I spent several days organizing them and putting pieces where they're supposed to go last month. Last week a couple volunteers spent two days putting all the puzzles together so the pieces weren't all over the place. Now, each kid gets one puzzle and when they are done, they can give it to me and I hand them a new puzzle....ONLY IF their puzzle is complete :) It's working well so far! Hardly any stray pieces.


Quito from the top of the basilica!

La Virgen

Quito!


Basilica

At the top of the Basilica

1 comment:

  1. oooh tomatina, of course you are sunburnt.. lol

    can't wait to see youuuuu please come to holland as soon as you return

    ReplyDelete